A Little note from Nana

Hi everyone, welcome to Maddie & Nana's Place. This blog is for Maddie. She has been scrapbooking for almost a year. She wanted her own blog so that she could enter challenges just like her Nana. She is learning to do everything crafty by herself. Maddie has her own ideas, her own "stuff" including my old cuttlebug. My daughter has been scrapbooking for years and now her oldest loves it too. She wants to do her own computer input so please be patient. Nana spoils her and she has been playing on our PC for a while. She loves YouTube and only needs a little help with spelling. At least she will allow me to help, even if it's only to tell her how to do it. She always wants to do it herself. She mastered my ATG gun in no time..lol We hope to have fun together.

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Door Knob Decor

This is one of the things I made at the 2 day crop that I went to with my nana.  Laura the owner of the place were we stayed taught me how to make this for my door.  She helped me with it but I did most of it by myself.  She has lots of cats and 2 dogs.  I like her and her dogs a lot.  I had fun and got to stay up real late.  All the ladies were really nice.  I had a good time.  We went to the beach and I filled a bag with sand to take home hehehe.  We saw a seal eating some fish.    If my dad lets me i am going to put this on my door.  I won some good stuff with the challenges!  I will have even more fun when we go back in August, I will bring my dig to play with.  There was no tv!

Nana's note:  Maddie was busy all weekend learning this new technique.  She made a few challenge cards, but gave them away before we left.  So no pics or up loads of those.  Maybe we will find them in her rolling cart.  We entered this cute little creation into the following challenges:

Laura giving Maddie a lesson in painting her wood door decor.  Thanks Laura.  Not exactly sure how she Maddie created these..I was off in my own little bit of crafting space.  This is what I do know:
  • Used wood cut-outs we got at estate sale earlier that day
  • Paint's she got at the estate
  • She painted the wood with several coats
  • Traced the images
  • Painted the images
  • Lot's of drying inbetween
  • Varnish over the top
  • Brushes, images tracing and other supplies she used from Laura's stash
Hope that this project fit the challenges we entered.  Maddie really enjoys learning new crafting techniqes.  It's a good thing she has determination to learn.  Thanks for looking, comments very much appreciated.   

20 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Maddie!! You are very talented and I hope we'll get to see your lovely creations at Crafty Ann's often - thank you for sharing this one with us.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work.
    Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Maddie! I hope you will spend some time with me at the next weekend crop...lol I know you are a little social butterfly...Love Nana..xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant new artist. I had fun with you at the coast. You taught me new things and beat me in challenges. Wow! See you at the June meeting.
    Laura Bonnett

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous project and very useful thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely and colourful hanger thanks for playing with OSAAT Hope you will pop over Sunday to see winners and play again with your lovely makes

    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh sweetie this is just great and so usefull too
    many thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week hope to see you again soon hugs cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what a lovely job! Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Maddie...what a sweet door hanging.
    Thanks for joining us the week over at OSAAT. Smiles...Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maddie what a fab door hanging. Thanks for joining in with us at OSAAT xx Clare x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend with Nana. And what a gorgeous door hanger you made! Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday's with Crissy! Hugs, Zoe xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely creation you've made. Thanks for joining us at Crafts and Me for our challenge this week. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww Maddie, you are well on your way hun to a very creative future, a crop huh, I haven't even been to one of those YET lol..good for you..thank you hun for thinking of us over at OSAAT and entering your adorable door hanger...looks like you had so much fun making it..**Psst>tell Dad it will look awesome on your door knob lol***

    hugz
    stitchy xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job babe!! Now you need to ask dad to put it on your door!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a Fabulous Door Decoration Maddie well done Thanks for joining us over at OSAAT hope to see you again soon
    Good Luck
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh this is adorable, perfect door accesory! Thanks for playing at Sunday's with Crissy!!

    Hugs,
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  17. great project and thanks for sharing it with us here at OSAAT.
    Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Madison! You did a fantastic job on this project! Love that cute blue bow on the doggie's tail! Thanks for sharing, and thanks for playing at Sundays With Crissy!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, you are so talented! That is a wonderful creation!
    Thank you so much for joining in my challenge at Sundays With Crissy!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. very clever and so nice to see it being made too! Thank you for joining OSAAT's Anything but a card Challenge this week. Look forward to seeing you at the new challenge starting later today!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and I love my comments!...xoxo Maddie

Related Posts with Thumbnails